These are liberty related events throughout Kansas. Some of the events on our calendar may not be official LPKS events. We allow events that are related to Liberty to be included on the LPKS Calendar as long as the posting is suitable for all ages and respectful of the liberty of others and does not directly support other political parties. All events here are open to the public and you need not be a registered Libertarian to attend any of these events.
Libertarian Party of Kansas
2020 State Convention
Due to the current orders in the State of Kansas which prohibit group meetings, and for the safety and well-being of our members, we are taking the following actions.
- The convention has been changed from a physical in-person meeting to a remote convention.
- The afternoon session, silent auction, speakers, and banquet are canceled for now. (We will attempt to reschedule those activities later this year.) We will have a mixer on Friday, April 17th and the business portion of the convention on Saturday, April 18th. Both will be held via an online platform to allow members to attend from home.
- We're finalizing plans for the means by which to conduct voting and party business. Members will be able to participate by computer OR phone.
- As would be true for an in-person convention, only registered Kansas Libertarians will be able to vote. But the business meeting will be open to all to observe.
- There will be no charge for either the Friday night mixer or the Saturday business meeting.
- Those who have already purchased tickets for the afternoon session and banquet will receive a separate email from Treasurer Ric Koehn about your refund.
- If you plan to participate as a voting member you will need to email Mike Kerner at email@example.com by April 15th with your name, email, phone, and address so we can confirm you are an LPKS member.
- If you are seeking to nominate yourself or another member for office (LPKS Executive Committee, Libertarian nomination running in the state of Kansas, or delegate to the national LP convention) please also include this information in your email to Mike Kerner (see item #7).
- Confirmed participants will receive needed links and/or dial-in information via email.
- Confirmed participants will also be invited to a “practice convention” on Saturday, April 11th at 10 am. This will be an opportunity to familiarize ourselves with the voting platform and procedures for having a distance meeting.
If you have any questions about registration please contact Mike Kerner at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Otherwise please feel free to reach out to me personally. Thank you for your flexibility. Stay safe and I hope to see you soon!
Chairperson - Libertarian Party of Kansas