Stacey Davis tagged Sharon DuBois' I object to the proposed changes. with good 2020-02-25 07:12:36 -0600
I strongly object to the proposed changes. "...candidate receives the affirmative endorsement of two-thirds of the members present and voting..." does not specify where the endorsements take place. Is it at the state convention? Is it a state-wide poll of a LP members? I am also opposed to the possibility of a member of another party receiving the endorsement of the LP. As written, this change to the bylaws would allow a Socialist to be endorsed by the LPKS. I recommend that we not make these changes to the bylaws, and retain the original wording.
Stacey Davis published Looks Good To me. in 2020 Party Document Amendments Comment Period 2020-02-18 19:33:07 -0600
Libertarian Party of Kansas
2020 State Convention
Due to the current orders in the State of Kansas which prohibit group meetings, and for the safety and well-being of our members, we are taking the following actions.
- The convention has been changed from a physical in-person meeting to a remote convention.
- The afternoon session, silent auction, speakers, and banquet are canceled for now. (We will attempt to reschedule those activities later this year.) We will have a mixer on Friday, April 17th and the business portion of the convention on Saturday, April 18th. Both will be held via an online platform to allow members to attend from home.
- We're finalizing plans for the means by which to conduct voting and party business. Members will be able to participate by computer OR phone.
- As would be true for an in-person convention, only registered Kansas Libertarians will be able to vote. But the business meeting will be open to all to observe.
- There will be no charge for either the Friday night mixer or the Saturday business meeting.
- Those who have already purchased tickets for the afternoon session and banquet will receive a separate email from Treasurer Ric Koehn about your refund.
- If you plan to participate as a voting member you will need to email Mike Kerner at email@example.com by April 15th with your name, email, phone, and address so we can confirm you are an LPKS member.
- If you are seeking to nominate yourself or another member for office (LPKS Executive Committee, Libertarian nomination running in the state of Kansas, or delegate to the national LP convention) please also include this information in your email to Mike Kerner (see item #7).
- Confirmed participants will receive needed links and/or dial-in information via email.
- Confirmed participants will also be invited to a “practice convention” on Saturday, April 11th at 10 am. This will be an opportunity to familiarize ourselves with the voting platform and procedures for having a distance meeting.
If you have any questions about registration please contact Mike Kerner at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Otherwise please feel free to reach out to me personally. Thank you for your flexibility. Stay safe and I hope to see you soon!
Chairperson - Libertarian Party of Kansas
816-810-5818WHENApril 18, 2020 at 8amWHEREHampton Inn Gardner Conference Center
151 Cedar Niles Rd
Gardner, KS 66030
Google map and directions
Stacey Davis commented on What are the examples of other electronic media that you'd like to use? 2018-02-22 12:52:01 -0600When the excomm adopted some new tools including Slack and Google Docs, there was some contention on whether such tools were allowed since not specifically stated as other tools are stated. The Excomm choose to follow the spirit of the rules (they use both Slack and Google Docs), and agreed to clarify the bylaws to avoid future contention.
Stacey Davis published This is a test of the comments section in 2018 Party Document Amendments Comment Period 2018-02-21 20:38:03 -0600
I think this is very useful.
The Libertarian Party of Kansas is committed to running our political party in the same manner we advocate that the state of Kansas be run. To this end, we are committed to transparency in party business.
You can find the meeting minutes of the Executive Committee of the Libertarian Party of Kansas on this Google Drive.
Stacey Davis pledged support 2016-10-30 11:40:47 -0500I will always vote for qualified liberty principled candidates who I trust. You can count on me Voting on Nov 8th!37 votes
There will be Libertarian Candidates on every 2016 General Election Ballot in Kansas. Each year our vote totals grow as does the number of registered Libertarians in the state of Kansas. To advance liberty in Kansas, we ALL need to show up and VOTE!
Can we count on you?Pledge your vote
Stacey Davis answered 2016-10-19 09:04:49 -0500Q: Are you interested in helping the Libertarian Party of Kansas continue to grow the political party so our candidate will be even more successful in the next presidential election cycle?
Stacey Davis published What if we created generic LPKS Yard Signs in Volunteer Central 2016-05-06 15:14:44 -0500
"The Two Party System is Broken Libertarian Party of Kansas" We raise enough money to print a bunch and then try to get people to donate when they get a sign. We'll need volunteers to distribute them in their area.
Design, Source, Fund raise, and order a better LPKS Outreach Booth to be used by local groups at county fairs and such. I'd love see it done in time to for the state fair this year. I'm picturing a table cover and backdrop.
Stacey Davis commented on Ammending documents 2016-02-21 21:40:40 -0600Interesting idea and deserves consideration by the EXCOMM. I do hate having debate at the convention. We normally have more people get up and leave during the debates than the number of those who actually participate in the debate. I’m wary that this will become a longer process than most members want to sit through in-person.
In Article I. NAME add "(LPKS)" after the Libertarian Party of Kansas since the term LPKS is used throughout the rest of the document.
Stacey Davis commented on This is the document that was approved by the 2014 convention. It is very good (I believe) as is. 2016-01-18 12:16:37 -0600This is the proposed version from the committee. The 2014 version (which is our current constitution) can be found on the About Us page.
Stacey Davis tagged Typo in Paragraph V, Section 1, Subsection 1A with support 2016-01-18 16:19:31 -0600
Currently "At the convention, there shall be an opportunity for individuals for speak..." and it should be "At the convention, there shall be an opportunity for individuals to speak..."
Stacey Davis tagged This is a pretty cool way to comment on stuff. with good 2015-08-14 11:14:49 -0500
We should use this tool.